In its meeting on February 20, 2017 the Richfield Historical Society updated its mission and vision statements. These two declarations will guide the society’s efforts in the upcoming years.
The Richfield Historical Society’s mission is: to acquire, document and preserve the unique story of Richfield, Minnesota. In addition, our mission is to inspire a sense of place and history through the details of our past.
Vision Statement 2017
Our Vision for the Society is to:
- Continuously collect the stories of Richfield residents, business and events as our present will someday be our history.
- To make our archives and collections fully available to the public and fellow museums.
- To develop programs that will educate and enrich children and adults alike. These programs will encompass historical events and people that have been important in the life of the people of Richfield and the State of Minnesota.
- To provide our visitors information on current businesses, hotels and restaurants in hopes that they will have a positive experience in Richfield, Minnesota.
- To create a volunteer program to provide opportunities for the community to help in the preservation of our shared history.
- To create a financial plan to sustain the operation of the History Center and Bartholomew House